Healthy Food, Healthy Society
By applying the Saudi Vision 2030 that mandates facilitating trade through the customs ports, Saudi Food & Drug Authority announces to implement
“Food Conformity Certification Program”.
This program allows food products’ importers, traders and contractors to have pre-shipments conformity assessment procedure taken before shipping to Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Industrial Inspection Services Company (TUV Austria) has collaborated with SFDA in issuing Certificates of Conformity that comply with Saudi/GSO Technical Regulations and Standards.
TUV Austria is an authorized Certification Body by SFDA to issue Food Products CoC.
The purpose of this program is to ensure the safety and conformity of imported food products through standards assessments, otherwise non-conformity food products will take longer to be scrutinized.
TUV Austria, through its experts in food products, does this by examining samples from food products and pre-shipments before providing certificate of conformity.
Once again, by applying these standards Saudi Food & Drug Authority aims at certifying that food is usable for human consumption. This inevitably leads to healthy society that makes healthy choices.
- Assuring Pre-Shipment Conformity
- Facilitate Customs Clearance
- Ending SFDA procedures by taking FAST TRACK
- Guaranteed same day release of the food shipment
To obtain this Certificate of Conformity, food consignments will be subject, at the country of supply, to inspection verification, product testing, documentary review and consignment sealing, where applicable.
Conformity Assessment For Food Shipments To Be Exported To The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Certificate of Conformity Issuance for Food Products
Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)
All regulated food products should be accompanied by a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued by an entity authorized by SFDA to ensure conformity of the food with the applicable SFDA technical regulations and standards.
The CoC facilitates customs clearance of the imported shipment by taking the fast track to end SFDA procedures immediately at customs ports and release the shipment on the same day.
Food products in certain countries as mentioned below in the info graph
The assessment scheme consists of:
- Documentary verification
- Shipment inspection
- Laboratory Testing
- Loading Supervision and Container Sealing
Test reports from the following entities will be considered:
- TUV AUSTRIA Laboratories
- Laboratories with valid ISO 17025 accreditation
Applicable standards are Saudi/GSO Technical Regulations and Standards
- To verify the requirements that are not covered by testing such as labelling requirements and packaging conditions
- Food products require pre-shipment inspection, containers’ loading supervision and sealing
- Completed Request for Certification (RFC)
- Manufacturer’s/Seller’s Declaration of Conformity
- Test Report and Laboratory Accreditation Certificate
- Inspection Report
- Final Invoice
- Transport Document
- Quality management system certificates (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 2200, etc)